We strive to produce merchandise of the highest quality. 3D printing is a relatively new manufacturing process and we are exploring the limits and boundaries of this technology. We aim to provide our customers with consistent quality; unfortunately, when exploring new technologies, there are times where this might not be the case. Due to the hands-on nature of the production and post-production; issues may arise. Please feel free to contact our customer assistance department with any issues or concerns. We appreciate your continued patience when issues do occur going forward.
When you receive your items you may notice some small post-production markings on the products. These are unavoidable in the production of the models. A small amount of work could be necessary to prepare the model for finishing.
- Once you get your model, locate any lingering supports/sprue, and remove them. This can be easily removed using a set of snips or break them using another tool.
- Using a sanding stick file any raised areas from the sprues.
- Next clean the items with Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) 90% or higher. You can spray or dunk the item in the IPA If there are difficult spots you can use a soft toothbrush and rinse with more IPA. Once the model is clean allow the item to fully dry.
- If your model requires additional detail parts, please add them at this time. IPA will dissolve the glue. (Not all models require this step)
- Once your model is complete you can paint and decal as you desire. I would highly suggest using an airbrush.
Shapeways use wax when printing. If you are going to paint them, you need to clean them thoroughly with IPA (70-90%). I would rinse it and brush with a soft toothbrush and rinse again. Then you can paint, with any paint you want, I would recommend airbrushing them for the cleanest finish.
Under NO circumstances should you soak the car in IPA (or anything else) for ANY amount of time. Shapeways models are highly prone to warping.
Do not use hot water over 120 degrees. This will also cause the models to melt.
Items that are labeled as "in stock" are ready to be packaged and shipped within a week of purchase.
Items that are labeled as "backorder" are produced on demand and will take 1-2 weeks to produce and ship out.
Email: [email protected]