Three flat car and trailer combinations of this type were built by the ET&WNC in 1935 as a joint effort between the Railroad and trucking divisions. These early and experimental TOFC units ran between 1935 and 1937 in captive service.
These models are available in HO (HOn3), and O (On30) Select the model(s) below that you are interested in to order from our Shapeways Store! Scale is selected on the Shapeways site to the right of the model photograph.
The flat car was box car red with black trucks. To complete this model, Install the required detail parts, paint and decal to your liking, install mechanical parts (trucks and couplers) and enjoy!
This model was designed to use the following for completion:
- Kadee #713 or #714 couplers
- Blackstone Models 4’8″ Arch Bar Trucks B370109
- Music Wire 0.012″ for
- Grab Irons
- Brake Wheel Shaft
- Truss Rods
- Kadee #5 or #148 couplers
- Bachmann Long Wheel Base Arch Bar Trucks 29903*
The trailer was Yellow with black stripes and brown lower trim. If you choose, the model is available without a roof allowing you to make your own from styrene rounded along the top edges.
HO / HOn3
O / On30
* I have found that Bachmann did not design their trucks to fit a standard diameter bolster pin. As Such, I have designed the pin to fit the trucks that I purchased for the prototype model if other trucks are used, you may need to modify the pins, or replace them.
Due to the fact that 3d printing is a relatively new and in many ways experimental manufacturing technology and the fact that many of the models I manufacture push the limits on what is able to be manufactured, not all models can be successfully printed every time. Every effort is made to avoid any issues during the design phase, however, from time to time we do have unforeseen issues during the manufacturing process. We (Shapeways and I) appreciate your patience when issues do occur.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.
You have not viewed any product yet.